Wednesday, June 27, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 170

Journal entry:

Journal 6-27-20120001

I think the prompt on Poetic Asides had something to do with today’s poem. If you would like visit that site and see what sort of work it prompts in you.

Creativity Versus Popularity

Creativity
In evidence all over,
Should I now change it
To be much more popular,
Pleasing a following crowd?

Of course I want to
Be read widely and admired
For creative work,
But originality
Must have some intrinsic worth.

Is the audience
The end all, be all, of it,
Or does creation
Play an integral part in
What I am accomplishing?

I hope others find
Some challenge, encouragement
In the work I do.
It is not done only for
My own edification.

Should I change it all
To please some other’s idea
Of extreme success,
Or is being authentic
Worth continuing forward?

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0140

DSC_0142

DSC_0145

I am grateful:

1.   I had the opportunity to attend a webinar today.
2.   I do not feel compelled to spend money on an e-course.
3.   I have some loyal readers.
4.   Numbers are not a true measure of success.
5.   I have creative freedom.

I hope you have enjoyed your Wednesday. Now is the time for you to stretch your creative muscles and make something that will last beyond this day. Every day should be commemorated because it is a gift that will never come again, and you can do this by writing a poem, story, journal entry, or making some sort of artwork. You have the ability, use it! Do not procrastinate, tomorrow will give you no more time or better inspiration. The act of creating has genius in it.

If you need a prompt, look around your surroundings and pick a favorite object, tell us its story. You can do this in a poem, essay, journal entry, story, whatever form seems inviting to you. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments, so others may read what you created.

I love your input. If you have suggestions or enjoyed something in particular, please leave a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: