Monday, June 11, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 154

Journal entry:

Journal 6-11-20120001

Imperfect, But Worthwhile

Our institutions
Are not perfect by virtue
Of humanity,
But they can bring much beauty
To the lives we daily live.

There is peace in our
Belonging to likeminded
Groups that have lasted
Throughout many passing years,
Despite their serious faults.

Our religions are
A comfort to our troubled
Hearts when our brief lives
Seem so far beyond our own
Ability to control.

Some shout tyranny,
But believers surely know
That their sacred paths
Are only gentle guidelines
Leading to eternity.

We thank God freedom
To serve as we deem fitting
Is well established
Within the basic fabric
Of our American lives.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Monday, June 11, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0069

Hope…

DSC_0070

Ko-Ko…

DSC_0071

Penny…

DSC_0062

A pin I made from wooden craft supplies…

DSC_0063

Another pin I made from wooden craft supplies…

I am grateful:

1.   The commotion that woke me was only a picture frame falling, not Mom falling as I feared.
2.   I was raised to respect the rights of others.
3.   I am open-minded.
4.   My dog teaches me much about being a good human.
5.   I do not have to cook today.

I hope your day was good, despite it being Monday. You are a creative person. Embrace this part of your humanity. Use it to make something to enrich our world. I have faith in your ability create, because I am not exceptional and I do it.

If you were moved by anything here, please leave me a comment with your thoughts. I much appreciate feedback be it positive or negative. I hope to learn from you.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: