Friday, June 22, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 165

Journal entry:

Journal 6-22-20120001

Writer’s Debate

I often wonder,
Do words obey my command
As they march across
The page, or am I only
A recruit in their service?

It is hard to say
Who exerts the upper hand,
For the force of words
Appears from out of nowhere,
So should I really claim them?

Could someone other
Than myself not better lead,
Giving direction?
Are these words rightly mine or
Are they only here on loan?

Is there a bank where
I have some lines on account
From which I sometime
May withdraw until surely
Resources are exhausted?

Creativity
Is inherited from God,
But the words themselves,
Am I truly their master
Or am I only their slave?

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Friday, June 22, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0105

DSC_0108

DSC_0109

DSC_0110

DSC_0111

DSC_0112

I am grateful:

1.   The drive to town went safely.
2.   I have the opportunity to talk to Mom about family history.
3.   I am making a record of my days.
4.   I wrote my poem and journal entry before going to town.
5.   My eyes allow me to see the world and interact with it.

Another week is almost ended and it is Friday again. I hope the day has been rewarding for you. It would be excellent if you took some time to do something creative. Write a journal entry, a poem, a story, or an essay, take a photograph, draw a picture, just do something that exercises your creativity.

If you need a prompt to prime your imagination, write about happiness. You could detail your happiest moment, or why you feel happiness is elusive, or approach it from any angle you desire. Mostly I want you to enjoy the writing and hopefully entice yourself to feel positive. If you use this prompt, please leave a comment with a link to your work so myself and others can share it.

I hope you found something edifying here. If so, please leave a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: