Sunday, June 24, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 167

Journal entry:

Journal 6-24-20120001

The prompt for today’s poem came from The Sunday Whirl. The words in italics were given on that site. If you want a challenge, visit the site and create something the words suggest.

Overcoming

Haunted by demons
Who appear at the
sunset
Invading domain
Through the wide open window
Of deeply flawed tortured soul.

The whistle echoes
Off the ample granite walls
Where only a scrap
Of the montage continues
To remain so fully trapped.

The days scented by
Jasmine that wafts through the air
Encourage freedom
Allowing feelings to rise
Above the gravest of fears.

Capabilities
Reach beyond limitation
Begetting success
That lasts much longer than just
This one fast fleeting moment.

The angels surround
Interior of the heart
Whispering kindness
That raises every being
Into spiritual triumph.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, June 24, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0118

Penny…

DSC_0119

Ko-Ko…

DSC_0124

Hope…

I am grateful:

1.   The love of our dogs encourages me to be more loving.
2.   I set out beef ribs last night to cook for supper today.
3.   I am inspired by my Mom’s positive spirit in spite of her infirmities.
4.   All prayers are answered in God’s will and timeframe.
5.   My folder of poems is growing thicker.

I hope your Sunday has provided rest and relaxation. I urge you to devote some time to creating something. It can be anything you desire, but do not let the day pass by without nurturing your creativity. You have much to contribute to the world if you will only do it.

My prompt for today is to write about a treasured pet. You may also draw, photograph, or collage using their image. Perhaps you only have memories of a pet, or dreams of owning one, you can write from these. If you use the prompt please leave a link to your work in the comments.

If you have suggestions or would like to share your thoughts, please leave me a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: