Thursday, June 07, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 150

Journal entry:

Journal 6-7-20120001

Overwhelming Weight

It is the subject
That goes mostly unmentioned,
But is forever
With me surrounding body
And weighing upon my mind.

I labor under
The pressing heaviness of
These unattractive
Pounds every single moment
And am embarrassed by them.

Their presence on me
Is like the elephant in
The room unhidden
By my thin uncertain smile,
Tainting all accomplishment.

Unsightly layers
Envelope reality
Of who I would like
To show my beautiful self
In unvarnished truth to be.

I would so gladly
Give up this heavy burden,
But it is harder
Than I can aptly manage,
I am entrapped inside fat.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Thursday, June 7, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0037

Cherub…

DSC_0038

Mug…

DSC_0040

Plaque…

DSC_0041

Candle holder…

I am grateful:

1.   I finally got up after letting the alarm go off for twenty-five minutes this morning.
2.   I caught up on our Bible reading.
3.   Mom was able to go to the veterinarian with Hope and I. She made managing Hope much easier.
4.   Even though I did not use a prompt, I wrote a poem.
5.   I can admit I am a writer.

I hope your Thursday has been pleasant. Reward yourself for making it through the day by doing something creative. You have the ability within you. Everyone is gifted with creativity from the moment of birth. There is just a process of discovering our talents or in some cases rediscovering them.

Please leave your comments so that I know your thoughts.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: