Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Brief Break From Regularly Scheduled Programming-Animal Poems

I thought I would share these few older poems. One of my new friends is a Cat Blogger and made me think of these…

T.J. Does Windows – Revisited

She is not sophisticated
In her manipulative use,
Still it is her desired program.
She arrives by invitation
Of the sheer openness to lounge 
Gazing out at the spacious world,
No blinds to obscure her vision.
She slumbers utterly content
Upon the eggshell windowsill,
Her sable nose twitching softly
As she seizes some slight fragrance.
She leaps sudden, down gracefully,
Slinking lithe ebony and white
Elsewhere to dream or spry engage
In her coddled cat wonderland.

© Jo Ann J. A. Jordan

March 11, 2000

My Darling, Hope

Darling of my heart
Always dear, dependable,
Loyal without question.

Companion who walks with me
With quiet joy
And overwhelming happiness.

Partner in my bed
Who snuggles up warmly
Against me in the night.

I never knew
A puppy dog
Could be such a friend.

© Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Master and Me

The world is a huge place
I take up so little space.

My master is strong
I do as she says and come along.

Every day is an adventure
My thoughts are sweet and pure.

I am a puppy dog
I like it when we jog.

My master is the leader
I try hard to delight her.

I have great love and joy
I am better than any toy.

My master is adorable
I please her when I am able.

© Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Photograph:

DSC_0065

Hope…

 

No comments: