Saturday, May 18, 2013

Creativity Project Year Two-Day 129

Journal entry:

Journal 5-17-20130001

DSC_0016

Caregiver, Caretaker

I am vigilant,
Watching over my mother,
Who is now almost
Helpless to do things alone,
I try to fulfill her needs.

I realize there
Are those who would easily
Trample over her
Rights in their hurry to make
All the money possible.

I am her watchdog,
Glad to be of assistance
In these waning years
When she needs my gentle care
To ease her through painful days.

I’m the vigilant
Daughter, doing my best to
Give my Mom comfort,
Trying to make her days as
Pleasant as is probable.

I hope when my time
Of need arrives that someone
Will be at my side
To lend me any help that
I may need to survive, thrive.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Friday, May 17, 2013

DSC_0012

I am grateful:

1.   I was not in intense pain when I woke up.
2.   The milk I drank with my Oreo cookies was cold and fresh.
3.   The session with the physical therapist went well.
4.   I found a new food that Penny ate well this evening.
5.   Sam’s Club had some baby clothes on sale and we got some for our Cabbage Patch Kids.

DSC_0017

My Friday turned out quite well. I hope your day was pleasant. You have taken time to visit here and I encourage you to invest a few moments in creative endeavors. I know you have the most amazing abilities if you will only use them. There is so much you can share with the world if you are willing. Make an effort and see what you can accomplish.

As a prompt, write about helping someone or receiving help yourself. If you create a poem, story, or journal entry, using this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I hope that something here has touched you. Please make this one of your regular sites to visit. You might also want to subscribe to Chronicles by email. I hope you will share any thoughts, suggestions, or criticism you may have by leaving a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: