Thursday, May 30, 2013

Creativity Project Year Two-Day 142

Journal entry:

Journal 5-30-20130001

DSC_0048

I wrote the following poem in the deep darkness of the early morning hours. There is an element of crisis to it…

In Doubt

Am I so wholly
Unpleasing to God that He
Would fully desert
Those for whom I so dearly
Care, leaving them to suffer?

So it seems to me,
For I have constantly prayed
Entreating the Lord
To reach down in His mercy
And alleviate their pain,

But with no result.
I am bereft; believing,
Praying, and hoping
Has worked no good on their part,
They are in great agony.

I am now beset
With undeniable doubt,
I am not given
The strength of faith that Job had;
I am so weakling a worm.

Yet still I pray God
Even should He find it just
To forsake my cause
That He would show unceasing
Love and tenderness to them.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Thursday, May 30, 2013

DSC_0062

This was a Facebook status inspired by the above picture and divided into lines to make a poem…

In Life’s Garden

People are beautiful
And delicate like Summer roses.
They need careful tending
And abundant love to
Reach their glorious potential.
No matter their appearance
People are worthy of respect.
Nurture every person
Who touches your life
And show your gratitude
For the blessings they impart.
Like the roses, people only
Bloom for a little while
And then they fade away.
You are only left with
Memories of their splendor.
So cherish your moments with
Others and share your
Feelings of love.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Thursday, May 30, 2013

DSC_0050

I am grateful:

1.   I got a little sleep, but accomplished a lot overnight.
2.   I decided to call Qwest Diagnostics, and hopefully took care of that problem.
3.   We were not late to Mom’s appointment.
4.   The new program seems to be helping Mom a little.
5.   I got some beautiful pictures today.

DSC_0057

This was an emotional Thursday. I hope your day was more stable and enjoyable. I encourage you to engage your imagination and do some creative work. I guarantee it will enrich your life and touch others with whom you share. You may believe you have nothing to say, but if you open your mind you will find words. I believe in your talent. Believe in yourself.

As a prompt, write a crisis poem, story, or journal entry. You might want to resolve the crisis or leave it as a cliffhanger. You know what writing will nourish you. Follow your heart. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

Thank you so much for reading my words. I have managed another day of writing and I have a little hope that I can go on. You might want to subscribe to Chronicles for future updates. I hope you will also come back to visit. Your comments are always appreciated and they help encourage me. Sometimes I feel the writing is too personal and I should stop sharing, but you all help me go on.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: