Saturday, May 25, 2013

Creativity Project Year Two-Day 136

Journal entry:

Journal 5-24-20130001

DSC_0030

Never Cursed With Boredom

Boredom is something
For which I have no time, my
Days are over full
Of things I must accomplish,
Things I desire to finish.

There are always things
Calling on my time, needing
My rapt attention,
I can easily create
Activities to complete.

I love to learn so
There are always books to read,
Or articles to
Peruse in order to find
And collect information.

My role as my Mom’s
Caregiver fills up the hours
With tasks I must do,
There is never an end to
Housework, yard work, and laundry.

Neither laziness
Nor stupidity are mine
To claim as reason
For giving time to boredom,
I am forever busy.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Friday, May 24, 2013

DSC_0043

I am grateful:

1.   I was able to walk when I got up this morning despite the terrible pain I suffered in my knee before getting out of bed.
2.   I remembered to take Penny’s prescription and mail it at the post office.
3.   I remembered to take my orders for the mammogram with me.
4.   I was only at the hospital about thirty minutes.
5.   Mom’s therapy went well.

DSC_0046

I had a very busy, but quite nice, Friday. I hope your day was filled with much happiness. It is my goal to encourage you to engage in creative endeavors. You never know what you may accomplish unless you make an effort. Working creatively can help fulfill your dreams. You have many talents that you may employ in making something wonderful to share with the world. I believe in you… You must believe in yourself.

As a prompt, write about boredom. I am not subject to this malaise, but you may know it well. Whatever your thoughts about it, write them down in a poem, story, journal entry, or other form. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I hope it has encouraged you and that you will return often. You might want to subscribe to Chronicles by email so that you receive updates. If I have inspired or otherwise engaged you, please leave a comment to share your thoughts, suggestions, or criticism.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: