Saturday, May 18, 2013

Creativity Project Year Two-Day 130

Journal entry:

Journal 5-18-20130001

DSC_0018

Roses Bring Memories

The roses in bloom
Remind me of days when you
And I were walking
Hand in hand with little thought
Of what our futures might hold.

We were innocent
Youngsters with our lives stretching
Out in front of us,
No cares had yet arisen
To blight our beautiful days.

Love lightened our hours
With such welcome emotion
And happiness washed
Away any tears we shed,
We were best friends in Summer.

We are older now
Life has taught us hard lessons,
We fell in love with
Others who consumed our time,
But we still remain good friends.

The roses in bloom
Smell all the sweeter because
Of the time we spent,
Little girls with such big dreams
Loving life and sharing smiles.

© Jo Ann J. A. Jordan

Saturday, May 18, 2013

DSC_0034

My mentors, Richard and Norma, in their tent at Taste of Douglasville Arts.

I am grateful:

1.   I was able to do a lot of work overnight.
2.   Penny ate well.
3.   I helped Mom with breakfast and left her food for lunch.
4.   It stopped raining on my way to Douglasville.
5.   I enjoyed my day out.

DSC_0027

A hand-made musical bronze carousel.

I had a fantastic Saturday. I hope you enjoyed your day as much. I encourage you to engage in creative activity so that you will reap the awesome rewards of your effort. You have the tools and the ability, just apply yourself. What you share with the world can make it a richer place and it will also enrich your life.

As a prompt, write about the memory of a childhood friendship that you cherish. Your poem, story, or journal entry can be shared by leaving a link to your work in the comments below.

I am so glad you chose to spend some time reading my blog. I hope you will return often, but you might also like to subscribe to Chronicles by email. Any thoughts, suggestions, or criticism you wish to share are very welcome, so please leave a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: