Sunday, September 16, 2012

265 Creativity Project-Day 251

Journal entry:

Journal 9-16-20120001

The poem today is in answer to the prompt at The Sunday Whirl. The words in italics were given there. This was not easy, but you might enjoy the challenge, so by all means visit that site.

More Than An Exterior

The lilting pattern
Of alliteration brings
The lyric to life
In rich sensuous tones of
Voice filled with artist color.

The exterior
With silent tresses flowing
Appears to peering
Eyes just slightly beautiful
When seen in deep silhouette.

The words saunter by
Leaving pleasant echoes in
Ears fully focused
On the beguiling accents
Of every delicious line.

The poet reasons
The self is not important
Only the verses
Have true meaning shining bright
To illuminate the dark.

The finely tuned words
Marching across fields of white
Capture the essence
Of imaginative thought
And great creativity.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, September 16, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0874

BabyLand General Hospital…

DSC_0877

Sculpture on the grounds…

DSC_0891

Preemies…

I am grateful:

1.   I woke up fairly early despite staying up very late.
2.   I enjoyed my Oreo cookies for breakfast.
3.   I crushed two bags of cans and will soon have enough to recycle.
4.   Leigh came to get our trash and visited a while.
5.   Penny has eaten well today.

I hope your Sunday has been relaxing and enjoyable. I have taken it easy, but I chose to create. I urge you to put your imagination to work. Use your creativity to make something beautiful.

As a prompt write about an occasion when your resourcefulness saved the day. You probably give yourself little credit for day to day rescues, but take time to think about it. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

Thank you so much for reading my blog entry. If you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism, please leave a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

 

 

No comments: