Monday, September 03, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 238

Journal entry:

Journal 9-3-20120001

The prompt at Trifecta provided a word to build on. I hope you will enjoy the poem.

True Happiness

Happiness is not
Always an absence of pain;
Oftentimes we learn
To find joy despite all our
Suffering, if we are wise.

The littlest things
Can brighten up our dark days
When we take the time
To consider fortunate
The gifts of every moment.

God never promised
All endeavors would prosper,
But He has told us
He would be present in all
Our struggles to comfort us.

Our happiness is
Dependent on attitudes
We can cultivate
Like our honest gratitude
And sweet generosity.

We can be happy
In all our circumstances
If we remember
Jesus constantly watches
Over and does assist us.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Monday, September 3, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0429

DSC_0430

DSC_0431

I am grateful:

1.   I slept extremely well after over thirty-six hours awake.
2.   I cooked a great lunch for Mom and I.
3.   I recommended that Mom take her vitamins with lunch, when she eats more than breakfast, because I think they could be what is making her nauseous. Today she did it and she was not nauseous. Maybe it will help beyond today.
4.   On Facebook I shared the classes I am taking on
Coursera and a few people signed up for classes.
5.   I called my friend Bernice and we talked a while.

Happy Labor Day! I hope you have had some time to relax and enjoy the fruit of your labors. Now I encourage you to do the work of creating. It is not so much work as an intense pleasure to exercise your imagination.

As a prompt today, write about the truth. You could express a truth, write about what truth means, or approach it differently. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I hope this blog has brightened your day. If you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism, please leave a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: