Saturday, September 22, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 257

Journal entry:

Journal 9-22-20120001

No Qualification

I am a writer,
Artist, and photographer,
Or at least I call
Myself by these lofty names,
Do I really qualify?

Sometimes I struggle
With my creativity,
It is not easy
To make new things from nothing,
Image, words resist capture.

I endlessly toil
To produce something worthwhile,
Never quite knowing
Whether I will reach other
Hearts and minds through my crafting.

I am not perfect,
My work is so incomplete,
But I continue
Trying to bring my vision
Life for other’s enjoyment.

I may not achieve
Fame and fortune in my life,
But I hope I touch
Someone’s heart and soul making
A difference in their life.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Saturday, September 22, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0902

DSC_0903

DSC_0906

I am grateful:

1.   I was able to share this special day with my Mom.
2.   God has chosen to let me be here in Mom’s waning years.
3.   We had a delicious late lunch at Hudson’s.
4.   Mom was able to go in Wal-Mart with me today.
5.   I managed to write something even though I felt less than inspired.

Another Saturday fades away… I hope you spent your time with those you love. If you are not too busy, and even if you are, take a few moments to engage your creativity. I promise you will not be sorry you used your imagination. It will energize you and perhaps surprise you. You have great resources inside, if you will only tap into them.

As a prompt, write about how you face the difficulty of creating. You may feel inadequate to perform the task, or feel your work is not significant. Explore those feelings if you are so inclined. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I am so pleased you took time to visit my blog. If you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism to share, by all means leave a comment. I hope you enjoyed what you found here. Perhaps you would like to follow Chronicles.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: