Wednesday, September 26, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 261

Journal entry:

Journal 9-26-20120001

Today’s poem was prompted by Poetic Asides. If you need inspiration please visit the site.

Making Way

No trespassing here,
There should be signs posted round
Edges of my heart,
I need no uninvited
Guests claiming the real estate.

There are still lodgers
I cannot seem to evict
In comfy houses
That I dare not tear down for
Risk of permanent damage.

Their days are numbered,
I have issued fair notice
They must quickly leave
Or face the consequences
Of unlawful residence.

I am sweeping clean
The premises and making
Room for visitors
Who might eventually
Become treasured occupants.

No trespassing here,
You lovers of my long past.
Be gone elsewhere now
For I am hoping I will
Soon have a new interest.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0484

DSC_0486

DSC_0487

I am grateful:

1.   I woke up fairly early today even though I was up until 4:00 chatting with Alex.
2.   Mom went out with Linda and enjoyed her lunch.
3.   When the iron fell it did not hit my foot or one of the dogs.
4.   Reba’s procedure went well.
5.   My shower was hot and refreshing.

My day was busy and I am sure yours was, but before you consign this Wednesday to history I hope you will express your creativity. You have so much to share with the world if you only make the effort. I know inspiration can be elusive, but even so you are capable of creating something wonderful.

As a prompt, write about something that has caused you difficulty this week. Build it into a poem, story, or journal entry. If you are a visual artist, make an image that symbolizes difficulty. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

Thank you for spending a bit of your time with me today. I hope you found this entry worthwhile. If so, you might consider following Chronicles. I will continue trying to entertain you. Do you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism? Please leave a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: