Monday, September 10, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 245

Journal entry:

Journal 9-10-20120001

Awakening

I rise from slumber
Blooming into these bright hours,
Like a daylily,
Facing sunshine with courage
Enough to abandon rest.

Possibility
Opens itself before me
Offering reward
If I will only embrace
This great opportunity.

I am quite convinced
My efforts will now prosper
Although I am not
Fully prepared for this dawn
Because I lack deep repose.

I write ample words,
Explain away confusion,
Give voice to my soul,
Yet I am still enslaved by
Rigors of ebony night.

If I can find peace
I will gladly share blessings
With the denizens
Of these fiercely lit moments,
I must first resurrect dreams.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Monday, September 10, 2012

Photographs of flowers for sale at Wal-Mart:

DSC_0454

DSC_0455

DSC_0458

I am grateful:

1.   I started the day early.
2.   I finally found a groomer I feel will be good.
3.   The Modern and Contemporary American Poetry class began.
4.   I have managed get this done earlier in the day.
5.   Mom is feeling good.

Monday is, as are all days, a new beginning. I hope your day has been pleasant. If you would like to, I encourage you to create something. It need not be perfect, just your honest interpretation of your imaginative gifts. Sometimes we are so wedded to the idea of perfection that we do not make an effort. This is a loss to society. What you create, the work you do, could change someone’s life. Do not be held back by fear. Use your creativity.

My prompt for you today is the word: awakening. This led me to a multifaceted poem. Let it lead you into creation. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I am so glad you chose to visit my blog. If you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism, please leave a comment. I look forward to reading your input. If you enjoyed this entry consider following Chronicles.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: