Friday, September 14, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 249

Journal entry:

Journal 9-14-20120001

Not Mine Alone

What I have done is
Not mine alone to claim, but
A gracious gift of
God’s total magnificence,
He made of me what I am.

I could never hope
To accomplish anything
Without the aid of God
For I am weak and lowly,
Not given to great success.

I am reminded
My talents are gifts granted
Me to help others
And further the work of God’s
Kingdom in our troubled world.

Any accolade
I may gain is shared with God
Because He guides me,
He is my life’s salvation,
To Jesus be all glory.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Friday, September 14, 2012

Photographs:

A Writer's Tool

This is the photo that won the honorable mention. Its title is “A Writer’s Tool” and it was taken at The Old Douglas County Courthouse Museum last Saturday.

DSC_0482

DSC_0483

I am grateful:

1.   I went to the Sweetwater Camera Club meeting last night.
2.   I entered three photographs in the contest, and one won honorable mention.
3.   I talked to the president of the club and am going to be learning to do the page in the local magazine.
4.   I cleaned out the truck today.
5.   God is my constant help and blesses me beyond my dreams.

I hope you have had a remarkable Friday. I know you are gifted with talents that you may not even imagine. I urge you to engage your creativity and make something wonderful. Even a sentence can express greatness, or a simple photo. Give yourself permission to use your unlimited imagination. You have so much to share with the world.

As a prompt explore your relationship with your talents. How do you feel about them? What can you do to increase them? Is there a particular practice you use to ignite your creativity? Explore one or all of these things or something else entirely. You are the master of your imagination. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I hope you found something you enjoyed. If you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism, please share your comments with me.

Always,
Jo Ann

 

 

 

 

No comments: