Thursday, September 06, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 240

Journal entry:

Journal 9-5-20120001

Today’s poem answers the prompt at Poetic Asides. You might want to visit that blog for inspiration.

Unwelcome Memory

It is not that I
Want to remember, because
I try forgetting,
But even after all this
You remain inside my heart.

My memory plays
The moments of our romance
Back to me often,
Making me wish to expunge
Those times totally from mind.

You are not any
Longer the hero my heart
Desires every day,
You have moved beyond my reach
And I am fully content.

Somehow memory
Has not gotten the message,
You are not special
In any way, anymore,
For your image still haunts me.

I do remember,
But I work quite earnestly
At my forgetting
Because I do not need you
Lingering in my present.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0438

DSC_0439

DSC_0440

I am grateful:

1.   My comfortable bed helped me sleep well.
2.   Mom is feeling somewhat better.
3.   Hope and I walked a little bit this evening.
4.   My shower was refreshing.
5.   Our supper was delicious.

I hope your Wednesday was very pleasant. Take a few moments to exercise your creativity and let your imagination lead you to new discoveries.

For your prompt today, write about something that you find difficult to depend upon. Maybe it is a person, a quality, or a thing. Approach it any way you can. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. If you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism, please leave me a comment. I hope you have enjoyed reading, if so, you might want to follow Chronicles.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: