Tuesday, August 14, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 218

Journal entry:

Journal 8-14-20120001

Today’s poem was prompted by the line at Carry On Tuesday. If you need a bit of inspiration, you might find it there.

My Favorite Things

Using computers
To connect with the others
Who brighten my life
Is a huge blessing for which
I am endlessly grateful.

Writing my poems
Hoping they will entertain
Those who may read them,
Spinning appropriate lines
With some enlightening words.

Petting my dog who
Adores me wholeheartedly,
Never complaining,
Spending her days in great bliss
Generously shared with me.

Taking photographs
Which capture the essence of
The things I observe,
Sharing them with people who
Enjoy striking images.

Reading awesome books
Which transport me to places
I cannot travel,
Meeting characters who live
In the confines of my mind.

Doing everything
Required to make life pleasant
For all the ones who
Depend on me for order
In their comfortable lives.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0357

DSC_0359

DSC_0364

I am grateful:

1.   Mom went out with June today.
2.   A ringing phone woke me so I got an early start on my day.
3.   The vacuum cleaner worked until I finished the floor.
4.   Penny seems to be doing much better.
5.   I have caught up on my email.

I hope your Tuesday has gone well. Take time to exercise your creativity now. If you will only do it you can create something wonderful to share with the world.

For a prompt, write about something you are looking forward to doing or purchasing. Make your reasoning convincing enough to encourage others to follow your lead. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I thank you for spending some time with me. Please leave a comment if you have suggestions or thoughts you would like to share.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: