Friday, August 31, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 235

When you try to think of something about which to write and some lines occur to you out of the blue, there is nothing to do, but write the song that has come to you.

Journal 8-31-20120001

The first poem I wrote today was a bit harder to create:

Historic Legacy

Even you may think
I am like a dinosaur
Because I hang on
To the social niceties
Of the many storied past.

There is, however,
A reason I cling to these
Simplistic actions;
They tend to make my days go
Smoother than without their use.

Being kind may be
Out of fashion, but I find
It helps me deal with
The problems that do arise
With less troubled contention.

I respect others
Because I was raised that way,
And I want respect;
This may seem an obsolete
Attitude, but it serves me.

I do not really
Mind being a dinosaur;
There are many parts
Of the past which are well worth
Emulating in our time.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Friday, August 31, 2012

I went on an excursion around the property to find photographs:

DSC_0420

DSC_0421

DSC_0423

I am grateful:

1.   I woke up fairly early.
2.   I did not have to go to town.
3.   I have a scanner and can use my handwritten entries on this blog.
4.   I have completed five months of writing a poem each day.
5.   This creativity project has enriched my life in ways I never imagined.

I hope your Friday has been rewarding. I want you to devote some time to your creativity. You can definitely write, draw, or photograph something wonderful if you will only make an effort. I am convinced that you are gifted in ways you may not even realize. You must dedicate yourself to creating and you will accomplish great things.

For a prompt, write about something that is present, but may be hidden. Let your imagination guide you. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I am so glad you took the time to visit my blog. I know your time is precious. If you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism to share, please leave a comment. I value your input.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: