Monday, August 27, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 231

Journal entry:

Journal 8-27-20120001

Finding Thoughts

I cast about my
Mind, searching for words to string
Together making
Some semblance of real meaning,
But I am so uninspired.

Why have images
And phrases fled from my mind?
What fair sentences
Can I finally make to
Express worthwhile sentiments?

My ability
To spin delicate lines out
Has left me alone,
Deserted with no great hope,
But my creativity.

So I plot my way
From start to finish without
The grace of the muse,
Writing on my unwelcome
Lack of true inspiration.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Monday, August 27, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0409

DSC_0414

DSC_0410

I am grateful:

1.   My alarm woke me this morning.
2.   I remembered to take my BlackBerry with me when we went out.
3.   Mom’s test results were very good.
4.   The paper towels were discounted at Sam’s Club.
5.   We have flush toilets.

Mondays can be awful, but I hope yours was pleasant. Take some time to do something creative with your time. Using your imagination will improve your day.

For your prompt, write about a time you were lacking inspiration and how you overcame that situation. I just sit down and write until I make something up. I think all of us go through such times if we are devoted to creation. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I am so glad you took time to visit my blog. If you have suggestions or thoughts, please share them with me via comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: