Sunday, August 19, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 223

Instead of the usual journal entry, I wrote a story scene. I hope I might come back to it sometime and write more…

Journal 8-19-20120001

The poem today was prompted by The Sunday Whirl. The words found there are in italics. You might like to try your hand at creating something from the prompt, if so visit the site.

Making Of A Poem

Insidious waves
Nick the tinted drifts of thought
Spreading so gentle
Among the split decisions
Making preludes to poems.

Creativity
Reaches out to fix words in
Vivid arrangements,
Not appearing tinny on
Tip of a soft lisping tongue.

Every fading hour
Disengages from its limbs
Minutes filled with words
Circling about a point
Written down for the ages.

The poet creates
Lines to be long remembered,
At least by virtue
Of sentences etched on
Pages lasting forever.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, August 19, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0387

My great-niece, Edith Leigh…

DSC_0389

My niece, Carrie Leigh, and great-niece, Edith Leigh…

DSC_0388

Another shot of Edith Leigh…

I am grateful:

1.   I woke up at 8:00 this morning.
2.   My niece, Leigh, and great-niece Edith Leigh visited.
3.   They brought my books back.
4.   They took off the garbage.
5.   Mom cooked cabbage for lunch.

I hope you are relaxing this Sunday, but now is the time to create something wondrous. I know you have great things in your imagination just waiting for the opportunity to appear before the world. You are able to do whatever you set your mind to, so get busy.

As a prompt, write about a character in a difficult situation. This often leads to all sorts of ideas. See what happens when you try it. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I am so happy you chose to read my blog. I would appreciate your thoughts or suggestions, so please leave a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: